Monday 8 November 2010

Wow

So it's been like... more than a month. I actually have been doing work though. Here's some of it.

Some more drawings from the society. I didn't go at all for the last couple of weeks, so these are pretty old by now.

Yeah, I got stuck with the backs of people's heads a lot that day. Moving on swiftly, I have some work on the screenwriting thing I'm doing.

I don't recall that I've said anything about it before, so I'll explain it briefly; it's a musical claymation cartoon aimed at children. In the story, the crew of a small ship named Sea Fungus are supposed to be doing their chores, but decide to play in the sun instead. Each day, they abandon their tasks and end up regretting it later. The whole thing is set to music and the narrator is talking in rhyme.

I guess it's supposed to be a lesson against procrastination. Rich coming from me with my months-between-blog-posts but never mind.

Here are the character designs;

 They are Monsoir Sack, Bandanna Penguin and Dreadlock Crocopotamus.

Monsoir Sack is more of an imaginary mascot - something along the lines of Wilson from Castaway. He's a bit of a running joke between the crewmembers, and he's used as an excuse for bad behaviour throughout the cartoon.

Anyway, the ship design.


And the first page of storyboard. I've done the rest, but there's like ten pages and I'm not scanning them all in when you can barely even see it, anyway.


Oh, and I've also modelled Bandanna Penguin in clay. Strictly speaking, I didn't need to do this. I just wanted to try clay modelling for a unit where it didn't matter how rubbish it turned out. Have some photos.



Crocopotamus and Monsoir Sack to follow.

Okay, so I've done some work on the Blacksmith. He's modelled and mostly rigged and textured, just requiring a bit of fine-tuning. Hopefully I'll have his workshop finished by the end of the week and I'll post that up, too. 




And lastly, the puzzle game. I've modelled some bits and pieces. They're all unwrapped, but not textured, so they're not to pretty to look at, but I'll put them up as proof that I've done something. Again, I hope to have all the modelling for this done by the end of the week. That's Sunday, by the way. Not Friday.


Oh, and I nearly forgot; Patrick Swayze and Rod Stewart for the mother-in-law's birthday, and a pancake with a face in it.




1 comment:

Suzanne Ross Jones said...

Wilson was my favourite character in Castaway - amazing what you can do with a football and a coconut.

Your screenplay sounds fascinating - hope we get to see the finished product. Love the drawing, too. And belated Happy Birthday to your MIL.

XX